Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Healthy Start!

"Always be prepared" I think that is the boy-scout motto, I think it should also be a raw foodist’s motto. However, I must admit, that phrase has me thinking about cookies lately, thanks to Rawdorable’s website.

My 30 days started out rocky, so I figured a new week, a new beginning and a fresh start! Also, it gave me the chance to get "prepared" over the weekend.... plan some meals, make some "emergency" food and stock the fridge for the next week (or the next few days at least).

Also, I think that Monday is always a good start for anything new regarding food, at least for me. I don’t have the distraction of the weekend, or the kids, or having to prepare three meals a day for everyone. Day number three, which is always the hardest for me, will hit mid-week, when I still only have to make one meal at home (unless Grandpa is feeding the kids this week, which he often does for me *smile*), and by the time the weekend hits again, I will have five days under my belt, so temptation is not as strong. Plus, this upcoming weekend, I am "kidless" and therefore, I can prepare all the raw pasta I want, with no scrunched up noses; although I will miss looking at those scrunched up noses.

I have also loaded the fridge with lots of "treats", because for this to work for me, I can’t feel deprived at all, therefore there is raw chocolate, nuts, seeds and a variety of other things to help me feel satisfied to get this "kick-start" I need. I will wean these foods out down the road.
Also, this upcoming weekend, I have a date, with my little step-sister Robin, we finally going to have lunch at one of the Raw Food Restaurants in Toronto... its been a long time coming for us, and I’m looking forward to it! Now, do I attend Live Organic Food Bar or Rawlicious???


blog comments powered by Disqus