Sunday, November 9, 2008

Who put the Guac in the Guacamole?


This weekend was spent trying lots of recipes to fill the fridge with yummy treats and snacks for the following week. Guacamole and Salsa are some of my favorite things, and of course, a dehydrator would come in really handy to make some chips to go with that dip!!

The chip in the dip is not raw, but it is a healthy alternative to the regular processed chips. Kristen is about to enjoy her "requested" chips and dip cuddled on the couch with a nice movie. I got a nice compliment from her today, one that put a smile on my face. She said "this is what I love about your house mom, we always get healthy food".... sometimes in life, there are signs along the road that tell you that you are headed in the right direction. Thanks Kristen <3

For those who are interested in getting compliments for the best Guac around, here is my (not so) secret recipe: Groovy Guacamole. It is nice to hear your kids fighting sometimes "hey, pass me some, you have had more than enough... hey, come back here!"
PS - my 30 days will start tomorrow, November 10th... :o)

0 comments: