Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is in the air!



There is something about that first warm breeze in the air. This past weekend I had my clothes on the line and began raking the lawn and cleaning the gardens. I remember thinking when I was younger that it was a funny thing to "spring clean", but I think that maybe there is something inherent about it.

Even though the air has a slight chill, I am the first one to open my windows and throw caution to the wind.... something about the long cold winter being gone and new sunny warm days ahead.

I think there is something about wanting to clean and renew both inside and out, both our surroundings and our selves. This year I have opted for the "Master Cleanse". Last year around this time it was the "Global Juice Feast" (or at least a mini version of it).

I am starting today, with lemons in my system and spring in the air and a new bounce to my step, a good cleaning from the inside out is exactly where I need to be right now.

I enjoyed my tea last night, I had my first glass of lemonade today. I was surprised at how good it tasted, and even more surprised at the fact that it was satisfying (hmm, lets see if I still think it is satisfying on day three when I am starving) :o)

The kids have gone to their fathers for the next five days (spring break); therefore, by the time they get home (hopefully) I will have the first five days under my belt.... I think that by the time they get home, my kitchen cupboards may be detoxed too, they might not like that too much :o)

Happy Spring Cleaning!
blog comments powered by Disqus