Friday, March 20, 2009

When life gives you lemons....


I quit smoking almost four years ago. It was probably the fourth or fifth time that I had tried to quit. There are some things that you can try and try again and never be successful, and then that one time you are.

I think that you have to be ready, and you have to be doing it for the right reasons. A person will not quit smoking successfully if their heart is not into it; they will not quit if they are pressured or if it is a New Years Resolution or if someone threatens lung cancer. They have to come to a place in their mind where they are empowered by the decision.

The reason that I am telling you this, is that I feel the same way with my cleanse. On day two, I feel empowered by the process, I know I am going through this for me. I’m cleansing because I want to detox and get a fresh start, not because the entire world is doing it, or because it is the latest fad. I think that when you have that empowerment, whatever you are concurring becomes easy. Empowerment is such a powerful thing, I wish I could bottle this feeling!

I was surprised at how much energy I had this morning when I woke up. I felt awake and alive, not sluggish as I normally do in the morning. I have a good start under my belt, and I am still surprised at how satisfying the lemonade is, although I will confess that I did have a handful of cashews yesterday afternoon. Funny thing about those cashews, I could have taken or left them, I think it was more of a need to put something in my mouth and chew.

I have not done the saline flush yet. I thought I would be able to avoid that because I have never had a problem with my system :o) but on day two, I’m starting to think that my initial hopes were wrong. I think that I will try the flush tonight, when I am at home, safe and close to everything required at the time.....

So, looking ahead to this weekend, I’m making lemonade....
blog comments powered by Disqus