Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Power of The Green Smoothie...

There is a new "my space" out there - for raw foodists. "Give it to me raw" is the new place for raw foodists to share ideas, recipes, inspiration or anything else that they may want to discuss. It is the ultimate online raw community!

Believe it or not, I started the "Mothers of Green Smoothie Drinkers" as a place where parents of teenaged children can discuss the obstacles and joys of changing children already on a SAD diet to a healthier RAW diet. There are already others joining the group, so I guess I'm not alone. Maybe I REALLY was on to something yesterday!

On the green smoothie front, so far so good... I have had three days of successfully getting my 32oz of smoothies in, and my kids have had an 8oz glass for the past two days! I am proud of them for being so open-minded! Personally, I have gone through a lot of personal turmoil in the past 10 days, and I can see how the addition of greens, together with a raw food diet, has helped me cope tremendously.

So, the world is looking a little greener today, and I am a pretty excited girl....