Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Raw in the Real World...

Well, I am happy to announce that I am still RAW.

With a confirmation, a funeral, and a romantic getaway between friday and monday, I have had a very busy couple of days. I have noticed that staying raw in the REAL WORLD is quite the challenge.

After the confirmation, we had a celebration at a local restaurant. It was very cold in the restaurant, and my salad and ice water didn't help the situation. Others ordered coffee, soup, warm bread, and warm meals, while I put my coat over my shoulders. This is the first time that I have noticed that I missed "warm food". I will start to carry some of my herbal tea bags around with me, so that I too can "warm up". I also brought a cake from the cake lady (eek!), and I am happy to say, that I didn't have a piece, I brought a fruit tray along also for dessert(and the left over fruit tray made great smoothies the rest of the weekend).

Most of the food for the funeral was trays of veggies, fruit, cheese, crackers and sandwiches, along with the desserts. It is very easy just to "pick" at fruits and veggies at a house setting like that, and no one seems to notice that you have a plate loaded with fruits and veggies! All in all, it went okay.

It went okay, but it was also tough. I give a lot of credit to people who can commit to a 100% raw lifestyle 100% of the time. A coffee would have really hit the spot saturday afternoon, and a nice buttertart or brownie would have been nice yesterday afternoon.

I am anxiously awaiting my first visit to a "raw" restaurant. Hopefully I can make that trip soon. I think it would be a lot of fun to eat something other than salads and fruit. I don't have a dehydrator, but if I did, I could make some raw crakers and "chips" and dehydrate my own fruit so that I knew there wasn't any additional things in with it (banana chips would be good!)

So I am still here, in the raw world, looking forward to the future and what it has to bring me. I received my "Green for Life" book yesterday, and I still have to finish my "Living on Live Foods". I am enjoying the daily emails from the Raw Holiday Survival Guide. My life is good, and I'm glad to be raw!

0 comments: