Thursday, February 28, 2008

In Anticipation and Preparation

In just a few more days, Elizabeth and I will be partaking in the Global Juice Feast. Elizabeth is my "raw buddy" that I have referred to in previous posts. I am very excited about this new journey that she and I will be embarking on.

There is a lot of preparation and work that is involved in preparing for a juice feast. I am glad that it is starting on a Saturday, then I can be fully prepared for how much Juice I will need to prepare for the day, before Monday comes around and I have to tote my juice to work. I will be loading up Mason Jar after Mason Jar after Mason Jar in order to consume a Gallon of Juice (or as close to it as I can) for the feast.

I first thought that I would have to consume 4 GALLONS! That is between 15 and 16 one litre Mason Jars (had to call on Dad to add to my supply). I will tote my juice to work in a cooler (which I have to look for tonight when I go shopping). The girls in the office will really be wondering what the heck I’m up to next week! I am really glad that I won't be toting 10 Mason Jars, just possible two or three.

My initial plan is to hopefully feast for one week; if I get farther, I will be really excited; I have no intention to carry this feast over 30 days. As this is my first feast, I will be very pleased if I make it past the first three days, which are the hardest to get through on any new adventure.
The next few days will be filled with more reading from the Juice Feasting website, stocking up on produce and supplements, as well as trying to schedule a new routine to accommodate this new feast.

I will be contacting my Naturopath to schedule an appointment. I like her to be informed of what I am doing, as well, I will look to her for guidance on any supplements that I may need for my feast. I will hopefully visit her on a weekly basis as long as my feast continues; for moral support, but also because I love my naturopath!

So, the next few days will be full of preparation and anticipation, and I look forward to giving you my update next week.... wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I am sure you are going to need it. I tried some of Dad's celery/tomato juice - yuk. I will stick to the fruit/spinach smoothies, thank you.
Good luck though. Hope it is what you expected and keeps you healthy.
Vic

Kristen's Raw said...

Best of luck! As long as you have enough juice, you shouldn't really be hungry...but that's the trick having enough juice. I got pretty tired of making it, but I was doing it for two people.

Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad making it - you kind of get a system down, ya know?

My advice is to listen to your body and have fun :)

Kathy said...

Vic - thanks for always being there for me!

Kristen - thanks for the words of encouragement!

I am really looking forward to this adventure!