Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Carrots and Celery

Every time I drink my carrot juice, I remember the Magic School Bus episode where Arnold turns orange from eating too many "seaweedies". Think you would have to be in your teens, or have kids in their teens to remember that one. My favorite combination for juice is carrots, celery with an apple thrown in. Wonder if I will turn orange, or at least look like I have a nice tan before the summer comes!

Do you have a "kindred spirit"? I think Elizabeth is mine. Even though we are worlds away, and have never met, we seem to experience the same things and go through or do the same things without knowing what the other is doing.

It seems that we both ended our juice feast over the weekend, for different reasons, without knowing what the other was doing. I enjoyed feasting for 7 days, and I would do it again in a moment, with the intentions of carrying it farther. It was an experience to remember, and one that my body thanks me for.

Even though I have technically stopped my Juice Feast, I guess I am doing a modified juice feast at this time. I have been juicing and bringing my juice to work with me, but I am enjoying a meal either at lunch time, or in the evening, depending on the day.

So, for those of you, who are continuing their juice feasting, I wish you luck and I send you good intentions for keeping it up! For those of you like me, who have chosen to end their feast, congratulations for juicing for as long as you did, for me at least, it was definitely worth every juice of it!

Michelle asks, "I might have to try that ginger tea. How did you make it?"

Well Michelle, I have to credit my friend Elizabeth with this one, but I ground fresh ginger (about 1 tsp), placed it into a mug and added boiling water, I let it steep, then I had to filter out the ginger (I used a coffee filter). I added about 1/2 tsp of raw honey. Just a word of caution - don't steep for too long, my daughter tried to make her own tea, but the ginger is really strong if left for too long!

And Shannon says that she makes her own ginger-ale by mixing the ginger with agave and sparkling water. Thanks Shannon, have to give that one a try! But first, think I might give her newest post a try this weekend!

I have to say, that I love Charissa's idea of a binder for all her favorite raw recipes. Sometimes simple ideas have to be shown to us before we think of it! I think I'll run out and get my pretty binder this week! Just like when Raw Food Right Now did an article on growing your own herbs inside! Still haven't started my pot... but my excuse is I'm waiting for my new house!

1 comments:

Keely said...

Well, since you ended your juice feast... how about joining Bob and I on the Green Smoothie Queen 3-Day Challenge! See!!! I told you I would remind you when the next one was due! It starts on St. Patrick's Day. Very fitting, I think!!! [grin]