Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day Four: Celery Cucumber Apple

“One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your three closes friends; if they seem OK, then you're the one" Ann Landers Today I woke up at six o'clock, figuring that I had 1/2 an hour to spare yesterday, but it made things a bit tight this morning. I was still out the door, 2 1/2 quarts (litres) of juice in hand, by 7:45 am.

HOWEVER, this morning, I had a full litre of lemon water and msm and 1/2 litre of carrot and celery juice before I left the house. I went pee right before I left, and then I had to pull off (during the 20 minute drive to work) to use a bathroom, and I still had to race to the bathroom when I got to work. Sheesh! Hope the bathroom trips calm down slightly!

Today's Consumption:
Today, I am taking Sonja's advice, and trying to cut down on the fruit intake to see if it helps with the headaches. So far today, I don't have one! However, I did juice 1/2 litre of apple/orange juice just in case I need it at work today!
6:00 am - 1 litre lemon juice and 1/2 tsp msm
7:00 am - 1/2 litre carrot and celery
10:00 am - 1/2 litre celery, cucumber and apple, this one was so good! Good thing I made 2 - 1/2 litre jars this morning, gave one away at work!
12:00 pm - 1/2 litre carrot and celery
3:00 pm - 1/2 litre carrot and celery
5:00 pm - 1/2 litre celery, cucumber and apple
(PS - Sonja, I didn't drink the fruit juice, and no headache today!)
7:00 pm - 1/2 litre celery cucumber and apple - shared with my dad!

And yes, you read that right! I had to share one of my mason jars at work today! Seems the girls at work are getting used to me toting along mason jars with "wonderful" concoctions in them. Ruth enjoyed a nice apple, celery, cucumber juice this morning!

It is so nice to know that Elizabeth is along side me for the ride. This is our third "venture" together. We have done The Raw Diva's 7-Day Detox, The Raw Diva's 3-Day Green Smoothie Challenge and now we are part of The Global Juice Feast.

It is funny, I have constant contact with Elizabeth through email, she is probably the only person I know personally who is Juice Feasting, or even knows what Juice Feasting is, but somehow I feel a part of something really big on this adventure.

For those of you who are not yet ready to attempt a Juice Feast, how about a 3-Day Green Smoothie Challenge: "This program is IDEAL for introducing new people to the Raw Food Diet and healthier eating habits. We strongly encourage you to sign up as 60% of the proceeds go to an organization promoting action and awareness in the name of environmental responsibility" The Raw Divas. Check it out! The next adventure starts March 17, 2008!

0 comments: