Friday, March 7, 2008

Day Seven: Ginger Tea

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” Mark Twain. Have you caught my quote theme yet - its gonna get harder and harder!
Seven Days to Create the World, Seven Chakras, Seven Signs, Seven Sacraments, Seven Wonders of the World, Your Body Renews every Seven Years, Seven Interior Mansions to the Soul (can you tell I'm a Carolyn Myss fan).

In the Book of Revelations there are seven churches, seven spirits, seven stars, seven seals, and the list goes on from there. The Number seven is said to symbolizes Spiritual Perfection. Did I ever tell you that Seven was my favorite number?

I think there is something to be said for the number seven... exactly what, I’m not entirely sure, but it does seem to follow a spiritual path... I think there is something profound about making it to the seventh day on this Juice Feast. So for everyone out there, who has come this far, congratulations, and for those of you who have decided to end your feast earlier, congratulations for listening to your body. That is the most important thing you can do.

Thank you for all the well-wishes I received yesterday. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling better today, still a bit queasy, but better. My friend Elizabeth suggested that I brew myself some ginger tea to help with my stomach dilemma. It did wonders! I think ginger tea is something that I will have on a more regular basis, no pun intended.

Chris from Far Far Away asks "If you eat natural food, will you die a natural death?"

Well, Chris, not too sure about that, but I do know, if I eat natural food til the end, I'll look damn good in that coffin - no cakey makeup for this gal!

That's all for today folks! Off for a nice relaxing weekend... so until Monday... Happy Juicing!!

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I love Carolyn Myss, and I also felt the 7's today. It's my dad's 70th birthday today, March 7th.

As for dying a natural death, that's not my main concern really. I just want to make the most of my time on earth, and that to me means being healthy and vibrantly alive in my remaining years.

And I love the theme of your quotes, but I agree that you may start struggling at some point.

Kathy said...

Hanlie, I'm glad you did too! Trying to view yours, but the system can't access it today!

I like the 7-numbers. Say happy birthday to your dad for me!

I wonder what will last longer, my quotes or my feast :0) Are you juice feasting?

Michelle said...

Hi Kathy,
Beautiful post today. Thanks for the seven insight. Congratulations on making it to day 7! I am glad you are feeling better. I might have to try that ginger tea. How did you make it?

Have a peaceful and joyous weekend.

shannonmarie said...

I love ginger tea. Sometimes I make my own ginger-ale out of it with agave and sparkling water.