Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Banana Smoothies - More Smoothie Creations!

This Yummy-Yellow Delight was enjoyed by the whole family last night as a "dessert" after dinner. It was such a success, that it was again the smoothie of choice for breakfast today. I must admit though, I don't think there is such a thing as a "bad smoothie combination", if there is, I haven't come across it yet. Seems everytime I throw fresh fruit in my smoothie maker, with water and ice chips, the result is simply delicious!

Banana Delight Smoothie (named by Kristen)

3/4 Pineapple
2 Bananas
1 cup ice chips
4 cups water


Throw into smoothie maker and enjoy - makes an entire blender full!

My Raw Buddy, Tigerlily and I have successfully made it through our 7-day detox. The Raw Divas are offering a "Green Smoothie 3-day Challenge", and that is going to be our next mission together (starting December 17th). We also have a new member to our group, Pepper, and she is on The Raw Divas also. She is starting her detox this weekend. You can read all about Tigerlily's and my detox on The Raw Divas website's Powder Room, under pre-detox chit-chat. Here you can also find a lot more valuable information about detoxing and the raw diet. I'm thinking we should all plan a "raw diva slumber party" together, maybe even invite Tera and Amy!

With my children getting so involved in this raw adventure, it has added an additional layer of excitement for me! I want to be well informed and make sure that this is the right thing for them also. I have ordered "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko. I think that will help educate me more on this raw food adventure. Tigerlily has read this book also, and it seems to be mentioned on nearly every raw food sight that I have frequented. I also want to continue reading my "Living on Live Foods". I'm going to have a few favorites to pull out infront of a friends fireplace this year!

SPECIAL NOTE: Imagine my surprise when I logged on to my blog and read the comment left on yesterday's post! Thanks Kristen, you just warmed your mom's heart! And I am always proud of you too!

0 comments: