Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day Seven: Minty Fresh!

This morning when I was brushing my teeth, I couldn’t believe how minty the tooth paste was. It was my normal, everyday tooth paste, but today, it seemed different. I did notice yesterday, and today, that when I put my moisturizer on my face in the morning, I could actually taste it, strange. When I was photocopying at work today, and holding the paperclip in my mouth, as I normally do, I could taste the metal (yuck - don’t think I will be doing that anymore).

So, yesterday I noticed my sense of smell improving, and today it is the taste buds. Amazing to think that my body is being improved just by switching my eating habits. I am also amazed to think that if I can notice these changes on the outside, how much is being done on the inside!

I started Alissa Cohen’s "Living on Live Food" last night, and it was really hard to put down. I am very excited by all the recipes at the back of the book, but most excited about the salad dressing recipes. On this "rawventure", my quest for finding a good salad dressing has turned up short.

I am also excited because tonight, I will be doing the weekly visit to my sisters house, with kids in tow to watch The Bionic Woman. I always bring over some snacks for the show. I pre-warned her last week, that it would be the last of the junk food, and this week would be something raw. At first I thought it would consists of veggies and dip (for the kids). Now that I have Alissa’s book, there are so many more exciting choices to bring! Not quite sure what I will bring yet, but sure whatever I find in Alissa’s book will be wonderful.

I have decided to start the first day of my "7-day detox" tomorrow. That way, I will have one full week of going raw under my belt before I start. (Hmm, maybe I’m just delaying that "fast")

I tried a green smoothie recipe for breakfast with the kids this morning. It was good, but I must admit that I miss my old "smoothie maker" blender. The new one, just doesn’t blend the same. Think I will have to invest in another blender soon. The kids weren’t overly excited about this one. It didn’t help that due to my poor blender, the pineapple was actually "stringy" still. I have previously made the Green and Gone Smoothie from Gone Raw, and two of the four kids loved it. Today’s was a homemade concoction, of baby spinach, pineapple, banana, water and ginger. Might try it again once I get the blender situation sorted out.

I am also excited because last night I started my first sprouting experiment. Between "Living on Live Food" and my "7-day detox" downloads, I took what I needed to start. I am sprouting quinoa. I have placed it in a mason jar, with cheesecloth overtop for rinsing. I was amazed this morning when I rinsed the seeds, how "fresh" they smelled already. There is no sign of life in that jar with water, but it smelled like the grocery store produce aisle. Can’t wait to try them in a few days.

UPDATE: The Bionic Woman isn't on tonight - darn that writers strike! So looks like I can start my "7-day detox" on time. Tonight after 6:00 pm until tomorrow at 6:00 pm, it will be water, water, water...

My sister adds "and you don't have to change it (the blog)...you can still bring me some food!!!". Sisters are just too cute. Really don't know what I would do without mine!

0 comments: