Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day Four: Definitely Detoxing!

Yesterday was a good day. I soaked in the tub, checked out my local natural food store, not a bad day at all. My headache went away by mid-afternoon, and I had a nice relaxing night with the kids.

Today was another story, actually woke up with an awful sinus headache. Nothing seemed to take it away. Most of the day I didn’t have much of an appetite. I had a fruit-salad smoothie for lunch (nick-named yesterday, from the left-over breakfasts). The girls love the smoothies too, so made four this morning. By the time dinner came, my detox symptoms were so bad; the thought of food did nothing for me. I made dinner for the kids and then went to bed for a few hours.

I really didn’t expect my detox symptoms to be so bad, and I really hope they don’t stay around too long. I’m not a coffee drinker and I don’t use salt on my food. I have to admit, though, that I am a big chocolate/sugar addict.

It is important to understand the detox process during this flu-like feeling; otherwise, you may be tempted by that pasta dinner. My body is “cleaning house”, the higher-quality food that I am introducing into my body is being stored, while the lower-quality tissue and toxins are being discarded. As they are being discarded, they are making their way through my blood stream before being released. This is what causes the detox-symptoms. Although I feel bad, it is a good thing; and although the pasta dinner would lessen the detox, it would only delay the inevitable, or halt the process.

On a good note, Chris came home from Winnipeg today. That made my day wonderful, despite the headache. I picked him up at the airport, and we had a really nice afternoon together before he had to leave to go home. He makes me happy, the thought of him makes me smile and I am glad he is in my life.

Ironically, the kids are watching “Super Size Me” on television. Think it is going to be an early night for me.

0 comments: