Friday, November 23, 2007

In the Raw, and Feeling Great!

I made it through my day of fasting, and so did my raw buddy! So we have started this adventure together.

Last night, for my "mono-meal", I chose some kiwi from the grocery store. I was considering buying two bags of kiwi, because I was feeling so hungry by the time I got there, and Kristen was going to eat her dinner, and then dine on some kiwi with me. I was surprised to find that after only 4 kiwi, my hunger was gone. I did find that amount of kiwi a little acidic on my stomach, so I ate a banana as well (oops!). After that feast, I had nothing again for the rest of the night. I was very tired by the time 8:30 came around, and hit the hay for a well deserved rest.

I did notice a few things this morning; I haven’t had a bad hair day at all this week, I usually have at least one; there is a lot of turmoil and major decision making in my personal life right now, and I am holding up better than I ever have in the past; my outlook on life is very good, I am excited for every new day, and I can’t wait for whatever life has to bring; I smile more; I am thankful for so many things in my life.

The Raw Divas seven day detox focuses on simple foods and simplified eating. Foods that you can grab and go, as opposed to complicated menu choices. I am interested to see how my body will react to this further adventure in "raw food". I am going to miss my nuts for the next few days, but I can always enjoy them again at the end of this week (hmm, maybe better rephrase that one!)

I am going to a birthday dinner party tomorrow night, and so I am going to bring a nice big salad to share. I am also considering trying to make some truffles or something else that is sweet for dessert. This will be my first social function that I have attended in the raw, but I am looking forward to it!

I am amazed at how easily my body and my attitude has accepted this new way of eating/life. It is so much more than just eating fruits and vegetables...

The sun is shining today, and so am I.

0 comments: