Friday, November 16, 2007

Day Two: Survived day one!

Although, think I did overdo it with the nuts and seeds, but seems to help me with the carb withdrawal.

I signed up for the "7 day detox" with The Raw Divas. They have a great site, and I have attempted the program before and never quite made it. They seem to have made a few changes to the original program, and now there is a 5 day pre-detox segment. I am looking forward to getting through the program this time. I encourage anyone interested in becoming "raw" to check out their site. The 7 day detox is free, and the site is filled with lots of interesting and valuable information.

This morning when I was brushing my teeth, and thinking about the idea of how everything that we put on our skin is absorbed and enters our bodies and blood streams, I started thinking about my grandmother. Years ago, in her lifetime, everything was a lot simpler. Meals were home-cooked, laundry hung on the line, fresh-air and exercise a daily event (you know, the "I walked 10 miles up-hill, both ways to school every day!"). Now, I’m sure that grandma’s homemade cookies were full of white-flour and sugar, but at least you could pronounce, and you new what all the ingredients were. I remember being a kid in the 70's, when I think a lot of the "new and improved" processed foods were being introduced, and I remember grandma saying to everything "oh, thats gonna give you cancer...", and how we all thought she was such a fuddy-duddy for saying so. Funny thing now, I think grandma was right. Maybe there really does come wisdom with age. Wonder what she would think of today's hair removal lotions, sucralose and cell phones, to name a few.

Another funny thing, I was informed yesterday that becoming a "raw foodist" has not only a positive impact on your body, but there are spiritual and emotional aspects to the change as well. Clarity on all levels increases. That should be an interesting thing to experience. Who doesn’t need a little clarity in life.

As for me, little bit of a headache today, and I’m a bit tired - didn’t sleep too well last night, but that was more due to my dog than to my new eating habits!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out! Good luck with your detox. We're rooting for you and wishing you well. The first few days are the hardest, but you can do it! Your Grandmother sounds like she was a very wise woman.