Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day One: So far so good!

Today is day one in this new adventure. I have been trying to go "raw" for a few months now. I ordered Alissa Cohen’s "Living on Live Food" book and CD yesterday (as well as the truffles)! The girls are pretty excited about this new change (Ben was out at hockey last night, so he’s not aware of it yet). I have been prepping them for the last few months as well. I don’t expect my children to go 100% raw on this adventure, but I figure by increasing the veggie and fruit intake, as well as educate them as to healthy eating habits, it’s all good.

Woke up at 6:00 this morning, earlier than my normal. Made some fruit salad for the girls for breakfast, as well as packed some up for their lunches. They were all very excited about that. The girls love fresh fruit salad. Ben on the other hand, isn’t overly fond of it, and I am assuming that he had the regular sugar laden cereal for breakfast. I found myself hungrier than normal this morning, so I had a banana and a handful of grapes, along with a great big glass of lemon-water. Lunch will consist of the fruit salad from this morning, and I will have a great big salad for dinner.

So far so good, but dinner will be the real test. Breakfast and Lunch have always been fairly easy for me to keep "raw", but dinner, and cooking for four hungry kids, is a bit of a challenge!

0 comments: