Thursday, January 24, 2008

Five Apples and Kristen's Contribution

In celebration of National Pie Day (one day late), I woke up extra early this morning and threw together this amazing raw creation! It was absolutely delicious! The nice thing about eating raw food, is that you can enjoy treats like this any time of the day. So, accordingly, me and the kids enjoyed this apple pie for breakfast, together with a chocolatey-chocolate mint smoothie. This smoothie was as close to a chocolate milk shake as they get!

I was also excited and honored to receive an Inspirational Blogger Award this morning. Keely, the one who nominated me (thanks! muah-muah!) has a nice history of the award on her website.

Kristen was a creative-chef in the kitchen herself this weekend, and created this yummy dip for veggies that she got from her seventeen magazine. I love the fact that she looks for healthy recipes, although she is not 100% raw, she does eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit and is very health and exercise conscious.

Here is her contribution:

Yogurt Dip
Mix 1 ½ cups vanilla yogurt with 1 diced cucumber, 1/4 cup green onions, 1 tbsp lemon juice and a dash of pepper.

This was a great dip for her fresh veggies. I am sure this recipe could be "rawified" very easily. Maybe I should "Just ask Shannonmarie". Hmm, that sounds like a good side business for her!

Okay, so in the tradition of the Inspirational Blogger Award, I in turn, have to nominate other bloggers who have inspired me on my journey. I would like to pass the award on to the PEOPLE not the blogs that have been most inspiring to me, of which are in no particular order.

My Dad - for trying to understand a raw lifestyle, and for grasping for that green smoothie and diving in with both feet. He has been my inspiration for so many things in life, I like to think that maybe I am his inspiration (at least for green smoothies) and I am so proud of him for accepting the challenge 100%!

Tigerlily - My "raw" buddy. We developed a relationship through The Raw Divas website, and have been raw buddies ever since. We keep in constant contact via email, and she is my only "raw" friend. I look forward to her emails, look forward to her advice, comments and suggestions. It is such an honor to be able to call her friend, and I only hope that one day, we can share a green smoothie together.

My Children - For all of their "eews" and "icks" when mom puts another green smoothie together, for every time they have been my guinea pigs for each of my new raw dishes, for each time they tell me that they are proud of me and that I look great, they have been my inspiration, and my reason for trying to make the world a better place.

My Readers - it is very inspirational to know that people are actually reading what I have to say, and even coming back on a daily basis. I love getting your comments and encouragement everyday!

The Raw Food Community - who would have thought that one day, a google search for "detox" would lead me on such an adventure. There are so many good blogs and forums and sites out there, and raw foodies are very free with advice, recipes and inspiration. It is such a nice feeling to be a part of such a warm and inspiring community.

2 comments:

shannonmarie said...

Keely beat me to it. I nominated you, too :-)

Brittany H said...

I enjoyed reading tthis